Instead of inviting your team members one by one, you can upload a CSV (comma separated value) file instead. This CSV can contain a part or your entire company's organization.
For every row in the file, we will either:
- Create a new user account using that row's details
- Or update an existing user's account
We will do this by matching on each user's email. Because of this, please make sure all emails are correct before uploading your CSV file.
If you're an admin the CSV upload feature can be found on you people company settings page.
In the CSV file you upload, each row MUST have these columns:
- Manager Email (For CEO’s or company heads, you may leave the field blank)
In the CSV file you upload, each row MAY have these additional columns:
- Start Date
- Phone Number
The "Manager Email" and "Status" columns are a bit special. "Manager Email" will be used to configure your org chart and reporting structure. Again please make sure these emails are correct as managers have special permissions around managing their team. "Status" on the other hand can be used to deactivate Lattice accounts after an employee has been terminated. The column can be set to either "active" or "terminated". This will cause:
- If the row is "active" and the employee doesn't yet have an account, we will create one for them
- If the row is "terminated" and the employee doesn't have an account we will skip that row
- If the row is "active" and the employee has an account we will update their details
- If the row is "terminated" and the employee has an account we will deactivate their account and they will no longer be able to log in